Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Interesting Product. Let's you see what gear you are in.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

Has anyone had any experience with this... from a cost; installation; or performance point of view.

Seems pretty standard at about $150...

Looks to be easy to install,even for a guy who is not electrically inclined.

Comments... suggestion.... praise... cautions... deals?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Not that particular one. But I looked it up, it plugs into the red diagnostic plug under the seat.

Some of the reviews on it say from 06 up the white plug does not fit the bikes without modification of the plug, so I would call them about the year of the bike, I could not find that in your profile.

They work after a fashion Easily fooled.

First ride they program, the device tells you when to shift, so you just take off and ride normal and it will program to your normal riding speeds.

Easy to fool it with fast downshifts or hard acceleration, it reads speed and rpm and indicates that way.

Kit

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

99winger wrote:
Interesting Product. Let's you see what gear you are in.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

Has anyone had any experience with this... from a cost; installation; or performance point of view.

Seems pretty standard at about $150...

Looks to be easy to install,even for a guy who is not electrically inclined.

Comments... suggestion.... praise... cautions... deals?

Hi,

For the $$$$$ that is spent for a GL you would think it would be a standard feature :?

I ordered an aftermarket Gear Indicator GIPRO DS-H02for my 2008 Honda GL1800 that works great & is easy to install, plugs into ECU plug under seat, comes in four different colors & has a two year Warranty.

Purchased one for my 2008 Burgundy GL1800back in February 2009 & recently in December 2009for the 2008 GL1800 Titanium I currently own. cost is around $150.00& is easy to install ( Excellent instructions ). when clutch is depressed at a lightno reading, release clutch a bit shows gear you are in.
John
PS. I forgot to mention, after installed keep bike on center stand to program 5 speeds into indicator. need only to do this once unless a battery is changed...... SUPER EASY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Did the install yesterday..... biggest issue was getting the seat/backrest/armrests on and off.... and how to run the cable and where toinstall the display.... not much room on the 'Wing to run and hide the cable.... finally got it out of sight and calibrated. Total install time about 3.5 hours! Total plug in and calibrate the unit only about 10 mins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.