imported post

Who says Goldwings are heavy?

[flash=420,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/I5k4Uj3YTnY[/flash]

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Another dropped Wing, another babe. She needed some help to get started.

[flash=420,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/mSQhQWT7pNQ[/flash]

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

They make it look so easy :sadguy:. Now I feel even worse when I think of the circus I usually put on picking mine up :cheesygrin:.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

But I was really tired..... thats why it took me so long to get mine up.......

And my thumb hurt........ and ankle........

And I had a headache.......

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

[align=center]some of the men there musta felt like eejits after watching the blond lift the bike up... i wonder if they took bets on it.
[/align]

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Wilson02 wrote:
I'm impressed with how gently that guy layed the bike down by himself. :claps:

John

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Having gently dropping my bike twice in one day,

I was glad I had watched a similar video featuring

a bright yellow 1800.

Was surprised how manageable it was, especially for an old fat man.:smiler:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

It does work.... I can attest to that mine own self.

Once with a 90# backpack on the pillion seat. I was dumb, my ego said "I can do it".

I did it too, but it cost me a trip to the chiro the next day. Even doing it just like the blonde gal did.

Oh, her lift was on level ground and the bike at a near 45 degree angle to vertical.

My exercise was on the off side crown at the side of the road. She went to sleep whilst I was doing a 180 turn around.

That bike was a lot heavier while laying 90 degrees horizontal from vertical. :-(

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Wilson02 wrote:
I'm impressed with how gently that guy layed the bike down by himself. :claps:John
I've laid mine down gently several times.:action:I have the hernias to show for it. Next time I'll try it like that guy did when I'm not sitting on the bike.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

I would think that it would work better if she could get her hips a little lower and get her rump under the edge of the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

The first time I saw that done, it was at a class at the Wing Ding in Madison, shortly after the 1500's came out. The instructor was a lady about the size of that blond, but about 40 years her senior. She carried a small scissors jack to get it to the point that both tires met the pavement, then proceeded to back in to it.
She actually had blue tinted hair! She said she and her husband were riding when he had a heart attack.
This was the days before cell phones. She managed to get the bike upright, get him on the back, and learned to ride it on the way to the hospital. Said she made the whole trip, about 20 miles, in whatever gear it was in when she started.
He survived, but passed away about a year later. She kept the bike.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

John, I can attest that the bike is a LOT harder to upright when a mirror is down on the ground. It can still be done but takes a good bit more dedication to the cause. Surprisingly all my 1500 got was a minor scratch on the end of the mirror. Oddly enough there was one on the right side too but it had that when I got the bike. Also it does work better the way the little gal in the video was doing it. By sitting further up on the bike you don't have to crook you arms much and can put all your effort into your legs.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

Like an igit I have been. I larnt sumthin today...

I am going to start carrying a small scissors jack with me on my 1500.

I don't have enough ego left in me to even give a hoot if someone axe me why it is in my saddle bags.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The girl did a good job of it. Got her balance right and used her feet to shuffle backwards. I think being small does help, in that you don't need to bend down as much. Well done that girl.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I took a spill on my GL1000 and managed to get it on the tires and then uprighted it the same way the blonde did.

I think it might of been easier if the trunk and bags weren't loaded with camping gear and I hadn't broken my collarbone in the fall...=/

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I can't seem to get either video to play. When I try, I get a message that an error has occurred. It won't work in explorer or chrome. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Nice video. I've told people how easy it is to pick one up and they don't ever believe me until I show them one of these videos or demonstrate it.

:brokedown:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Only problem is you cant always find a small woman when you drop your bike.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

When I got my first Wing a guy I worked with showed me how to pick it up the first day I rode it. One had to use the knowledge once. Pulling up to my front door I went off into the "soft" grass and it tipped over with me on it. No damage other then my pride. But without knowing how to pick it up I would have busted something on me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.