Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am thinking of putting an 81 1100 motor in my 76 1000,will my 76 carbs and coils work on the 81,it has no carbs,what else might i need,thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

They should bolt right on... try it, see how it works. The 1100 carbs, however, are more forgiving when it comes to tuning etc. The coils should be fine.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

How will you get the 1100 engine to work with the GL1000 points setup? Or is it possible to get the 1100 engines electronic ignition to work on the gl1000?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

my 1000 already has a dana electronic ignition in it,with any luck the 1100 ignition will work,i am not sure what else might match or not match,still gathering info on everything

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
How will you get the 1100 engine to work with the GL1000 points setup? Or is it possible to get the 1100 engines electronic ignition to work on the gl1000?
Simply a matter of consulting the wiring diagram and modifying it to work. The coils should work regardless... might have to change the ballast resistor for the electronic ignition.

Electronic ignition only replaces the points and condenser.With the electronic ignition you'll have to find outhow it's getting power, which leads go to which coils, and where it's grounded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.