Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

for those of you out there who have read Randakks Carb solutions for the 75-77

GL1000's .can anyone tell me the size of the #4 stainless steel washer fitted to jet needle.and what is 'crocus cloth'can we get it in the Uk or does it have a different name Fritz :waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Fritz wrote:
for those of you out there who have read Randakks Carb solutions for the 75-77

GL1000's .can anyone tell me the size of the #4 stainless steel washer fitted to jet needle.and what is 'crocus cloth'can we get it in the Uk or does it have a different name Fritz :waving:
Don't know what the size of the washer is, but crocus cloth is the same as Blitz cloth if I remember, used in the US Army for polishing brass. Never Dull, Brasso, or another brass polish should work okay.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Fritz :waving:Welcome to the greatest Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks for the info and the welcome.safe riding to all

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

As far as the washers for the secondary needles, take a needle with you to the hardware store, find a washer that fits over the needle, and make sure the washer diameter is no bigger than the diameter of the head of the needle. It can be smaller, but not bigger. The washer should be around .020-inch thick.

When you insall the washers, put a small dab of lock-tight (thread-sealer) on the threads of the barrel-shaped screw that holds the needle down. After tightening all the way down, loosen the screw a bit to give the needle a bit of play. The needle should be a little loose.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

many thanks Marco :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Fritz wrote:
many thanks Marco :waving:
You're very welcome Fritz... good luck with your carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.