Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently got my engine and bike all back togather and put a dyna s iginition and 3 ohm coils on the bike but it wont start easily im wondering if maybe i hooked the spark plug wires to the coils wrong the dyna instructions are not the best in describing which plugs go to the coils any advice? I know that the origional pattern to the coils was from right to left 1234 is that the same pattern for the dyna coils? So example starting with the right coil i know 1 and 2 go to that coil but i dont know which hole coming out of the coil the spark plug wires go to so does the 1 go on the top and 2 on the bottom and so on or reverse? Im just so confused.

:(

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Any backfiring or other indications that the leads are mixed up? When it does start does it run on all 4 cylinders? If it does, the leads are not mixed up.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
One coil fires 1-2 cylinders, other fires 3-4. Sounds like you have spark plug wires together at the coils right. Could you have the wires from the Dyna backwards? Should cause the same symptoms. Check colors at coils and in the boot where the Dyna wires meet the old condenser wires.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Are these the same instuctoins you have? sorry I am having trouble uploading that file.

ok try looking here and see if this is the same as you have.
http://sdrv.ms/Wtly7U

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This might help

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.