Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

or does anyone have any suggestions on a gasket formula(tube?) that will work in that area of the bike, i forgot to ask this in the other post :waving:

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

The rubber gasket should be ok to reuse unless it was glued on previously and ripped when taken off . If you just want them to stick in place on the covers to install , I would use silicone sealant in minamal amounts .

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
The rubber gasket should be ok to reuse unless it was glued on previously and ripped when taken off . If you just want them to stick in place on the covers to install , I would use silicone sealant in minamal amounts .
Thanks, enjoy your day:waving:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

I always recommend Honda UltraFlange sealant, it's great stuff. It's also available as Permatex UltraGray from most parts houses. It's what Honda & Nissan use on everything for their newer cars. Also, it's gray, so if it squishes a bit it's less noticeable than the red, blue, and black goops.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I re-used my originals for about 200,000 miles when they started to leak a little. The rtv blue gasketmaker does help. I eventually bought new gaskets at partsnmore.com for $12 each.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,273 Posts
imported post

As long as they are still pliable and have no cracks, they should be fine. Honda recommends gasket sealer around the cam ends. If I'm re-using a gasket, I like to use a little blue RTV all over, just to make sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.