Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilding an 81 1100. After radiator work, installing another fan switch, etc. Found the cooling tubes under rebuilt carbs are leaking. Not much but still seeping for a half cup after aweek. Of course it has been below zero in garage.

Found the o rings needed on a site. However, they have several part numbers and sizes for same o ring spot. Was gonna just remove carbs and redo all gaskets (o rings) there. Maybe even new thermostat since right there. Any idea on exactly what to order or find exact od to order?

One nice thing is still have vetter fairing off.

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
1,000 Posts
The way I fixed my coolant tubes was to take a coolant tube and old O-ring with me to the local Ace Hardware. They have a very nice selection of O-rings. I simply dug around in the drawers until I found O-rings that "Fit Good".

Reactions: limpy45

·
Administrator
28,236 Posts
There is only one size o-ring for those tubes 21.9x2.3mm 91301-MB6=003 They can be changed without even removing the carbs. You will also need the gaskets for the joint on the heads
19429-371-306

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TY all for input.

Yes, knew would need gaskets also. So ty for 2.3. Think the other listed was 2.5.

May just try the other oring sugested. Couple years back found a bunch of orings in nice box for sale. Different sizes all separated on posts. Brought them home and have used a bunch.

Will pull carbs anyway as think a float is a bit high or a bowl gasket not right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts