Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 83 1100 aspencade that was running 3 months ago and now it won't start. I pulled the plugs and grounded them and no spark at all. Is there something common to both sides?

After checking all here's were I am.

Power to the kill switch, power at the spark units, what I can't findwhich is the only other commonality is the resistor. Can anyone tell me where to locate the resistor? Or does anyone have any other ideas???

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Jason I did, but I tried to update where I am now that I checked everything. The posting stayed at the lower level and probably wouldn't have been seen again. I'm still stumped on where to go next.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Found the problem with Vic's help (Goldwing 1984), it was the neutral safety switch. Possibly nothing more than the switch wasn't completely engaged. Here's what I did, put the bike in gear, pulled the clutch lever hit the start switch. After a few tries the bike started as advertised. You could hear the ignition of the fuel with the first turning of the motor. Turned the bike off after a few mintues, set back to neutral and started the bike several times in the neutral position, thanks Vic.

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.