Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear it's turning over. You may want to order a rebuild kit for that starter.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
imported post

Update: Starter was bad, had it rebuilt and then refitted.

I have drained the oil/fuel mix and left to drain for a few days. Refilled with cheap oil just to keep the lubrication in, just incase the fuel problem is at the carbs..

Re-started and guess what, the bike fired into life straight away.. A litle lumpy but i can live with that till it gets set up and tuned..

It started to run a little bit worse then the garage started to smell a little fumey...

It got worse and worse sothe bikewasswitched off.

Just checked the plugs and all reasonably ok, looked in the oil window and you guessed it. Its full of fuel again...

I thought i was in time for the motor bike charity run on Easter Sunday but guess ive missed it now..:(...

From reading through this forum it looks like carb removal!!!!

Any advice yet again will be greatfully received...

I finish my college course in 12 weeks so i have started looking for a Motorvycle Mechanics couse start september, maybe i will be able to return the favour and help someone else out next year...

Thanks

Sean

imported post

You make it sound like it happened quite quickly and while the bike was running? On the fuel pump there is a very small "tell Tale" hole. It is on the lower side of the diaphram just below the circle of the 5 screws that hold the top together. You need to make sure that hole is clear and try this again. I would also remove the air filter and monitor the Carburator plenum when it is running. You should either see gas spurting out of that small hole on the pump (indicating a bad pump) or you should see fuel in the Carburator Plenum. That plenum floor should be clean and dry. If there is fuel in there then yes the carbs are the problem. A flashlight helps to see in the plenum.

imported post

i had my carbs rebuilt on my 77 last year and the bike had been setting for about 10 years before i got it. we rebuilt carbs and had the same leaking into crank problem so all summer i ran sea foam in every take of gas and it resolved the problem we think a peice of dryed gas came of from inside the take and was holding a neddle open thank god for sea foam

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.