Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A friend of mine in Ensenada MX just got a new pocket cover made at a local leather shop for his GL-1200. The workmanship was EXCELLENT. Quality black leather with shiny steel snaps (not painted black as original Honda).

I'm sorry I didn't have my camera.

I asked and he indicated that it's about $20. I'll bet if I got a group-buy together we could get the price down. I'll pass these on to anyone who wants one for EXACTLY cost plus $5.00 for USPS Priority mail. In other words, if we get a group buy, and I can negotiate it to $16 then we all win even more.

If I get ten people say here that they want one, I'll be down there 4th of July weekend, and work a deal for us all.

Tally so far:

Rusty Beard - 1 GL1200
Scott Clark - 1 GL1200 1 GL1100
DancinBear - 1 GL1200
Panatellos - 1 GL1200
DetDrBuzzard - 2 GL1200
BagMaster - 1 GL1100
Larhjass - 1 GL1200
Kah92340 - 1 GL1100
Lumpy223 - 1 GL1200
SpiderBob - 1 GL1500

We're up to a dozen so far - This gives me great qty to negotiate a price.

I will keep accepting additions to this thread until Thursday Jul 2nd, when I will ask that no more names be added.

We're gettin' there!!!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Rusty,
Count me in. Do you think he would do one for an 1100 if I sent the original?

...and I am still planning on taking you up on that invite to head to Mexico and drink wine one day.
Scott

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes, send me an original, and I'll get you one made. How different is it from a 1200? Same idea just slightly different measurements?

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I'll do that gig....... comm'on you lot of has been flappers. Lets help the economy in Mexico some MORE...............

OH...... do the new covers have the two straps that go across the cover? Need the straps to hold/tuck my Ipod under.

Thanks man. COOL..................

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I could definitely use a set of covers for my 1200

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dancinbear wrote:
I'll do that gig....... comm'on you lot of has been flappers. Lets help the economy in Mexico some MORE...............

OH...... do the new covers have the two straps that go across the cover? Need the straps to hold/tuck my Ipod under.

Thanks man. COOL..................
Yep - the new ones are IDENTICAL to Mother Honda's. Except that the snaps aren't black, and it's made of real leather. :)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
Yes, send me an original, and I'll get you one made. How different is it from a 1200? Same idea just slightly different measurements?
You know, I haven't measured. They just looked different. I guess that I had better make sure I just wasn't looking at it funny.

Ok, I know that there are a ton of 1100 and 1200's out there with ratty pocket covers. For new ones in leather, this seems like a bargain. Let's get about 6-10 more people to order and get the price down a bit more.:clapper:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'll take a new one for an 1100 if he does them for the 1100's too.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

S Clark wrote:
Rusty,

...and I am still planning on taking you up on that invite to head to Mexico and drink wine one day.
Scott
Scott, is yours the 10 snap cover like mine? I hope so as he can use yours as the template for all the 10 snap 1100 covers. Just make sure you get your original back.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

:shock:Since I'm in the process of restoration I could use one of those covers also RG; Put me down for one for my 1200!!!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
S Clark wrote:
Rusty,

Scott
Scott, is yours the 10 snap cover like mine? I hope so as he can use yours as the template for all the 10 snap 1100 covers. Just make sure you get your original back.
Yep, ten snaps and a couple of inches longer than the one on the 1200. As to getting it back, Rusty will take care of me- I think I paid about $20-25 for it on Flea-bay.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I should have titled this thread GL-1100 and 1200. I guess the folks with the 1500s all have good-enough pocket covers. I just chose those two as I have "masters". Steve, get me that 1100 master out sometime soon, before 7/3 and I'll take it with me. :) still have my street address in Lake Elsinore?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Rusty,
My cover for the 1100 is on its way to you. You should have it by the middle of next week. I'll bet it's going to cost a few bucks more. It has an extra flap and pocket that the 1200 lacks.
Scott

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I would be in for one of these to fit my 1200. One of my snaps is about half ripped off on the stock cover.

I gotta remember to check here for updates.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

1500 I'd be interested in one.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Jason m wrote:
Is the cover the same for the 1100 with the vetter fairing opposed to the hondaline fairing?
Nope, Vetters are totally different in shape, length, and number of snaps.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.