Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am a new member. I toasted a head gasket and need the specs to put a new one on it for torque. Should I go ahead and change both sides and my timing belt while I am at it?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum! :waving:

Now, as for the timing belts it depends on when they were changed last time. If you don't know or if they haven't been changed for a long time (about 5 years or some 10.000KM) thenyou should change them, rather then taking a risk of one getting broken. And about the other side head gasket, well it's not realy necessairly to change it if you are 100% sure that it is good, but you will probably feel better if you do change the both sides. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

musicman6 wrote:
I am a new member. I toasted a head gasket and need the specs to put a new one on it for torque. Should I go ahead and change both sides and my timing belt while I am at it?
:waving:The image below is the torque sequence for the GL1100 heads.Per the note don't forget to coat the threads and underside of the boltheadswith the specified grease which you can get atyou local dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks

I am pondering doing a total overhaul of it. 76k miles on it. still ran strong till this.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

musicman6 wrote:
thanks

I am pondering doing a total overhaul of it. 76k miles on it. still ran strong till this.
:waving:musicman6

[shadow=orange]WELCOME TO THE BEST GOLDWING FORUM ON THE INTERNET!![/shadow]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.