Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i got some good used coils off of fleabay and they tested fine with my ohm meter

i messed up i had one of the plug wires crossed "dont ask" it was a BAD BAD DAY

so it backfired i did a compression check and it all checked out good pressures the plugs are ok

im going to yank off the timing covers and check the timing belt notches and make sure its still in time thats the only thing i can think of that happend

it will run but when you give it throttle it sounds like its only running on two cylinders kinda pissin me off alittle

and my dad is bitchin in my ear you shoulda bought a HARLEY im about ready to take a baseball bat to his head you know lol

so i'll check the belt timing and see what happend

any other advice is GREATLY appreciated

thank you all

alex

·
Administrator
27,932 Posts
imported post

It would help if you started from the beginning. Why did you have to replace the coils? Was it running good before the backfire? What else have you repaired or replaced?
Tell your Dad to find a Harley that old that will do what your Honda will do.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
It would help if you started from the beginning. Why did you have to replace the coils? Was it running good before the backfire? What else have you repaired or replaced?
Tell your Dad to find a Harley that old that will do what your Honda will do.

nice.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

sorry it had a miss on cyl 2 at idle i checked the plug wires and everything all checked out i swapped the coils and the miss went to cyl 1 i bellieve right hand side front cylinder bad coil so i got a set off ebay i havent had a chance to get over there yet and double check the timing but it ran fine other than a miss at idle been doing it for awhile just havent been able to pin point it

it was doing it when i first got the bike a year ago or so and it didnt do it often enough to even try to find the problem
now the problem is acting up more frequently so i was able to find out that the coil on the right hand side is weak it tests ok but the good old swaparoo trick says its bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.