Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah, it's just down the road a piece. Shipping won't cost much... trust me!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Has Aspencade on the bags,but looks like a Interstate to me. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

oldtoys1961 wrote:
The digital dash on the Aspy's didn't come out until the 83 models so it could very well be an Aspy. The seat has been recovered also. It also has the onboard air compressor for the forks and rear shocks that indicate it's an Aspy.

Also just has the standard Clarion 2 radio system, no intercom or cb.

1500 is the most I'd bid for it.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

A question for Okies. How hard is it to get it titled in OK?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
A question for Okies. How hard is it to get it titled in OK?
Real easy here in South Carolina.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I've just been told that Texas can't do a thing about how you title it in your own state. I have the signed title. It will go with the bike... Ron

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Captronbob wrote:
I've just been told that Texas can't do a thing about how you title it in your own state. I have the signed title. It will go with the bike... Ron
So, that's your bike for sale? That was me that posted the info to you about selling it to an out of state buyer with the title included.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

It would be easy on the title if you haven't signed it, just get the PO to do a bill of sale in the new purchasers name, hand him the title and be done with it.

Thats what I had to do when I bought my 82 Aspy. The owner I bought it from never had the title changed to his name. Called to guy he bought it from, he wrote me out a bill of sale and off to the court house I went.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

South Carolina doesn't even require a bill of sale anymore.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

OK. I always thought the Aspy had digital. Learn something new everyday. JR

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Dang, I wish you were closer to Houston I would be all over that. I am having a freind pick up an unknown '82 in Austinto start my Goldwing restoration adventure on.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I used to live in Houston. From my front door to yours in only 325 miles. Come straight up US36. It's a beautiful drive...

Ron

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Tempting, very tempting. But unfortunatly not very feasable right now. I just happened to get lucky on getting this other wing and having a friend to pick it up for me.

As of the 10th of July I won't have the house in Houston anymore. I will be perminatly living in Weatherford Oklahoma where I have been in a temp apt for the last year while trying to sell the dang house.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

just got outbid at 201. Good luck hope someone gets a great deal.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

good luck. I was just looking for something to play with. I hope you get it. It is nice to find out it is from someone on the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
imported post

Yea, my old wing has been great, while I haven't had it very long the previous owner did. The speedo quit on it at almost 92,000. She still runs good and I am having full belts, tires etc done to her as we speak but would really love this old Aspy... could fix her up over the winter and withany luck have something with less than 40,000 on the clock for next year.

We are on a tight, limited income which is why I had to buy an old wing to begin with, never been able to have anything new so to have a wing with less miles on it would be a great thing for us. May seem like an old dawg to some folks but I know after getting my first wing they are just getting broken in good at 40k.

Would like to teach my wife to ride too... Hmmm a double wing family. how good is that?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
oldtoys1961 wrote:
The digital dash on the Aspy's didn't come out until the 83 models so it could very well be an Aspy. The seat has been recovered also. It also has the onboard air compressor for the forks and rear shocks that indicate it's an Aspy.

Also just has the standard Clarion 2 radio system, no intercom or cb.

1500 is the most I'd bid for it.
:coollep:My 82 Asppy has the digital dash, looks like it's suppose to be there, maybe PO changed it out:?:? volt meter/ambient temp/radio/cb/clock

Winger 82:11brown:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.