Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1983 Goldwing Interstate GL1100with radio problems....I have the original clarion radio. I can hear the radio in my helmet but it is very low, I cant hear anything coming from the speakers. I have had the bike about 5 years and just had alot of work done to get it back on the road. I would enjoy it even more if I can get this problem solved. Any help would beappreciated

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Mickey
Have you tested each fuse behind the left turn signal? Could have as many as 7 if all the accessories are on the radio of the Clarion 2. Test them with a multimeter to be sure you have 12volts both sides of the fuses as they can look good & be bad.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks Stu...when I opened that up today it looks like a wiring nightmare, all I did was look at fuses but didnt check them with a meter. I will do that tomorrow

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

That's the place to start. Replace them if any doubt.

Which parts does it have besides am/fm? Intercom, CB, cassette tape?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
imported post

Another cause for your problem ive seen is dirty switch's Give them all a good cleaning with contact cleaner and work them back and forth

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Check the mute button is it on..or off but stuck on?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks for all the advice...Question?...I know the mute button on the radio works....is there a mute button on the handle bar switches? I have one switch that the letters are worn off.(Top right)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.