Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all,

I just bought another GW; this one an '82 GL1100 Interstate. Love the bike but the aftermarket seat is horrible. Is there another Honda seat (from a different model) that would fit my '82. The problem is that my current seat sets too close to the tank because of the rear bolster.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Sit on a bike with an original seat. See if you like it. If yes, then pick up a used one on flea bay for next to nothing and then send it out to be re-upholstered.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

Trailrider, where are you from? If you're close to me, I will let you ride my bike to see if you like the stock seat. My bike came with an aftermarket seat that was uncomfortable. Fortunately, a stock seat also came with the bike, which I like much better.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
imported post

TRAILRIDER,VABIKEGUY
What brand of aftermarket seat is it you have that you do not like?Or do you have pics of it?
This would be helpful to those of us who are planning on purchasing a new aftermarket seat for our wings.I am not happy with my stock seat at all and have been told the same by others that the 1100 seat where notoriously unconfortable,I sure dont want to go the wrong way.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

tory,

I am not sure what brand this is, but its the seat in the picture below. It was made with someone's smaller posterior in mind. :D

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

MapleWingNut,

Good idea. We don't have a GWRRA group near here but I might find someone through the Honda dealer. Thanks

TR

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Vabikeguy,

Thanks for the offer. I'm in Colorado though. My seat looks much like yours butwithout the velour inserts. That rear bolster pushes me forward till I feel like I'm overriding my ankles.

I am looking for a stock seat.Didn't they come with a straight seat, or with just a little rise on the rear seat? Seems like that would let mestretch out a little. Thanks for the post.

TR

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

The stock seat I have on my bike is the same as the one in chris_in_va's post. My seat is a solid, deep maroon color though. I find it much more comfortable than the aftermarket one.

By the way, if anyone wants to buy the aftermarket one, PM me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.