Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL 1100 Side Stand

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  englishted 
#1 ·
imported post

:walker:Just a quick note on side stands. My 83 Aspencade was leaning over way too much, compared to my 83GL1100 Standard. Measured to side stand and found the Aspencade to be an inch shorter. 8.5 vs 9.5. I switched them and now the Aspencade is more upright. If any of you have the same problem, see if you can find a longer stand.

I will be syncronizing the carbs this weekend, as well as changing the coolant, oil and rear end oil. I should be ready to ride, if it doesn't rain. Yes, we get rain in San Diego. Now I just need to figure out why my radio does not work. The clock does, but no sound from the radio. I suspect a bad ground since it worked when I installed it.

Jerry:15red:

#3 ·
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Hmmm. I think I'd prefer to have my 1100 lean a little more as I often find on some dodgy surfaces that it's too upright!
No kidding! I have to "tug" my 1100I once I get off just so that it doesn't seem to want to tip on level ground. Of course, that was before removing the forks. I feel certain that new springs will likely fix my problem...went with Progressives (heck, at $65 I'd have been daft not to). I'll know for sure in a day when I get my forks back and reinstalled.

Jack

#5 ·
imported post

No, it's not standing straight up, but now it is just right. Before it was leaning so much, I thought it would fall over. We are only talking an inch difference.:clapper:

Jerry

#6 ·
imported post

I would prefer a shorter stand on the GL1500. I've seen a GL1500 blown over while on the side stand. I've often had to find a better place to park mine when it was too upright on slightly sloped ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.