Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Who knew how much fun these are?????

I scraped pegs across the asphalt on the way home with it yesterday across the Ortega. The Fun of a non-faired motorcycle!!!!!! It just seems so right, and so wrong all at the same time!

(oh and when I'm done playing with it, I'll be looking for the next owner - so if you want a "Hooligan Goldwing" keep me in mind).

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Pictures Rusty, lets see what your playin with :D

·
Administrator
27,770 Posts
imported post

You are right, they are a lot of fun. I'm working on building my next naked 1100 now.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
Who knew how much fun these are?????

I scraped pegs across the asphalt on the way home with it yesterday across the Ortega. The Fun of a non-faired motorcycle!!!!!! It just seems so right, and so wrong all at the same time!

(oh and when I'm done playing with it, I'll be looking for the next owner - so if you want a "Hooligan Goldwing" keep me in mind).
I know how much fun they can be........

I rode a 1977 Gold Wing for a while before I dressed it up for touring.

But if I want real fun, I take out the bike in my "avatar" picture for a ride.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

No wonder your having so much fun with it, nice find Rusty :action:

Where is she gonna put the ear's and the tail :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I had an '83 and it was a great bike. If it were 2 inches lower I would still have it. Wonderful bike to ride anywhere, anytime any distance!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I do know very well what a sweet ride that is, matter of fact the only difference between that one and mine is mine has the full vetter gear on it. Oh and yours looks to have better paint. I was considering moving up to a 1500 and keeping the 1100 and stripping her back to naked. I think it would be even more fun than it currently is.

Blaine.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
imported post

There will be no peg scraping on the Ortega today! :shock:

Where in Elsinore are you?

I'm on the north end of the lake by the Grand / Riverside Drive curve.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Darn - we're neighbors.

I'm at Grand/Lincoln.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
imported post

Cool. We'll have to go for a ride as soon as I get my bike back together. The trans is shot so I got a whole replacement motor but it's been so friggin' hot I haven't even started working on it yet.

I'm looking at picking up a cheap zoom splat sport bike just to have something to ride but hasn't been a high priority with the heat.

Supposed to cool down a little this weekend.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I still regret selling the black 1980 Standard I had last year. It was a real kick to ride. Jluvs2dive had a beautiful '84 Standard that I got a chance to ride and that one was just the same, lots of fun, real quick and nimble. Maybe one of these days...

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

RGBEARD:
Riding home this summer from work one just about like that passed me. Same color, he had a small utility rack on the back of the bike that was tastefully done and a smaller clear faring that was designed to keep the air off the rider's upper body. It certainly was nearly as clean as the one you have. It also appealed to me as it would make great commute anytime bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.