Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Can anyone tell me how to remove the top compartment on a GL 1100. Trying to get at the coils.There is not any imfo on removing it in the manual that I can find.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Yes it is the false gas tank and thanks for the tip. Knowing where the bolts are made it much easier.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I just had mine off to upgrade the flasher unit to an electronic one so I could use led bulbs for the running lights and turn signals. I've had the false tank off 1 time too many now so I left out the rear 10mm bolts this time.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
I've had the false tank off 1 time too many now so I left out the rear 10mm bolts this time.
I thought I was the only one to do that:dude: I will put them in when Samson is up and running the way I like.

James

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Heck, I started to leave all 4 of them off but didn't want to hear or see it rattle around

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Code:
I just had mine off to upgrade the flasher unit to an electronic one so I could use led bulbs for the running lights and turn signals.
Which flasher did you use? Where could I get one. ?

I just did all my running/ bumper to LED 4 elements(20 all together) . GOt them all from superbrightleds.com. I used 18- BA9's and 2 of the slotted kind for side markers. I got the 2 brake lights changed out too.

All thats left is the blinkers but I didn't want to get into having to put any resister/load in there,kinda defeats the purpose I beleive.

Just changing out the flasher to get the correct flashing speed would be wonderful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.