Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello friends

I intend to replace the water pump inthe 1980 1100 interstate.

last year I stupidlly put in the saber cycle aftermarket pump only later to find all the bad experiences published in this forum :thumbsdown:about this pump.. I received it from a friend when my original pump died on me and did not bother to read reviews.)

now I got the OEM Honda pump, with KP gasket kit. (couldn't find anOEM kit).

do any of you guyshave an opinion on this kit? any othersuggestions?

thanks

saul

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Don't worry about the kit that much. The gasket material is the most critical and I'm sure it's good enough qualty for the flanges involved. I've made similar gaskets out of cerial boxes and never had a failure. The main thing is th O-rings. Are they supple and do they snap back when you streach them? Most important, don't leave any out the way I did last year. I misread the diagram like an idiot last year and left out on of them out on my '84. It went from dripping a little water to dripping a little oil. Took it all back apart to discover that I had left out a critical O-ring. Most gasket sealers are good, but I prefer Three-Bond. You can use it as a gasket sealer but you could apply it a little differently and use it as a gasket itself. Also sold under the names "Yamabond and Hondabond." Very good stuff. Good luck mon!

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Gasket kit doesn't matter... good that you got a kit, though.. I was forever getting all the pieces a few at a time..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.