Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I read through the archives and I didn't find where anyone found the Dzus Dart fasteners or equal. I saw a site in UK that showed them as discontinued. Southco still shows them in their catalog but I haven't had any luck because they are a distributor. I tried the other company DCIS that makes them and they were kind enough to help but it would have been 5 Cnotes for 10 fasteners. I realize this is a specialty postso please PM me, thanks for the help. dj

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Try an aircraft supply outlet. Dzus fasteners are common on military and civilian aircraft.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

Drop by a local airport and look for a mechanic's shop. Easy to recognize, big huge barns with airplanes in them and push carts all over the place.

Bet the mechanic would sell, or even just give you the one or two or five you might need.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Try Aircraft Spruce and Specialties they have various Dzus fasteners.

Dzus fasteners

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks guys,

Unfortuately the Dzus Dart style 1/4 turn self ejecting fasteners were made of nylon and comprised of a snap in back loaded receptacle, large head .80 slotted stud, spring retainer and spring. I see lots of vendors for the metalic car/motorcycle Dzus style panel retainers but not the nylon "Dart."

The frames for the Markland panels had welded tabs with rectangular cutouts for these specific receptacles to snap into.

I was hoping to use the original but I may have to get inventive, dj

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

could you post a picture of the neededpart ? Thats if you have one left to show .

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Picture of Dzus fastener. The radius portions of the receptacle would contact the backside of the Markland panel. The small square projection opposite the radius snaps into the tab into dados in the nylon.

Inserting the fastener sandwiches the panel between the head of the fastener on the face of the paneland the receptacle behind. The spade lug/receptacle connection is not a real precise alignment and you can't accidently stress the panel when mounting it. I hope the phone picture suffices or I can drag out the big gun.dj

Attachments

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

Check a auto parts store, It won't be exact but I know I have recently worked on a car that had plastic fasteners close to that that held the grille or fan shroud orsomething on. :? . Anyway they should have something that will work. If you don't see anything on the shelf see if they have and will let youlook attheir Doorman cataloge, They are one of the main suppliers of small parts such as that.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
quarter turn fastener

Attached is a drawing of the quarter turn fastener for the Markland engine cover for the GL1100.

DFCI Solutions Inc.

DA-4600 Line

I have yet to verify the P/N

I'm a little anal retentive, mechanical engineer (cartoonist) and all...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
DJ, take a look at their DA4600 line. This may be what you are looking for.
http://www.dfcis.com/

Oops, sorry I reread your post and you have already tried them.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I found them at McMaster Carr. Search other posts for quarter turn fasteners. I have a complete parts listing there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.