Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought this 1200 without an owners manual and I'm stumped about the function of the TRIP when you can manually change the mileage

What is the function of the TRIP 100 - 10 - 1 located in the center of the hadlebars

or direct me to a web site for a manual. I purchased a repair manual but it says nothing about the trip buttons

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

according to the manual you can put your trip distance in there and it will count down to 0. the buttons for for the location of the numbers say 155 miles..100 50 5

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

+1, it's a countdown odometer, each button (100 10 1) are pressed to affect their respective digets up to 999 miles. I don't remember how to set it and I sold my aspencade (with the manual), but I do remember reading about that function.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

It's a trip meter that works both ways. Hit the button for + and it counts your distance
travelled starting from 0. Hit the button again for - and it counts down from whatever
distance you input with the 100, 10, 1, buttons to 0 as you travel. Hold down the 0-SET
button to set the meter to 0. I use it for when gas stations are few and far between to
let me know when it's time to fill up - or to start sweating.

And the MPH - km/h button is for when you travel north.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

Here's a copy of the page from the owners manual. Hope it helps.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.