Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team!
I have scanned many different threads here. Almost all of them with great info but I am still left with one question, Why do friends let friends by 84 GL's? :( jk.
So here's my issue, I pulled the motor for stator replacement, all back together, runs and charges great! The hydraulic clutch line was D/C'd for a few weeks. Obviously the clutch slave was bone dry due to the rebuild, but I cannot get this SOB to bleed. I have done the bleeder valve, the lower banjo, upper banjo(on and completely off with finger over the inlet, I have reverse bleed it with positive pressure through a 1/4 inch clear line, gravity bleed it from top to bottom. The one thing I did notice but didn't see mentioned here was the fluid in the MC is not moving at all. It will not budge! It has a darker orange color than the fresh DOT 4. Is this a MC issue? Is trying a Vacuum bleeder worth the $30? Ready, go!

·
Administrator
26,967 Posts
Pull the little metal cover out of the bottom of the reservoir and push a very fine wire like a bristle out of a wire brush through the hole. It's not the bikes fault, after 36 years without maintenance anything will have problems.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
First make sure the hole is open as Dave said above. If you still have trouble bleeding it try this. On the center stand turn the bars all the way to the right and lean the bike a fuzz if necessary to get the banjo fitting below the master. Or the master above the banjo. :) Once you get that accomplished bleed as normal. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts