Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Please help im a newbee ? Clutch didnt seem to be disengaging took of clutch cover on handle bars and now seems worse.Thinking thats what it could be but not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated.:?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum shadowace. I haven't been here that long but the members here are great and the forum is too. I saw your first post with a big donut for replies and I thought "hmm. that ain't right." but for sure others will be following. I just rebuilt the master for the clutch on my blue wing. I started out wanting to just flush out the old fluid and replace with fresh fluid (DOT 4) but I couldn't get it to pump up so figured I'd rebuild the master since I knew it had never been done. After the rebuild I still had a little trouble getting the air out and noticed that when I swung the handlebars as far to the right as possible without spillage (hydraulic/clutch fluid eats paint!! so don't get any on the paint) the little air bubbles started to rise the in the reservoir. I'm assuming you know how to bleed clutch/brakes etc.. If you don't I suggest you do a little reading because it takes a little esplainin'. The bleeder on a 85 interstate is on the back of the motor. Pretty easy to spot if you know where to look. It was hard to get an idea of the initial problem you were having with the clutch from your description. Keep at it and keep posting and trust me, somebody will come thru for you to help get it sorted out and future issues that will be forthcoming.

esco

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Enter the search function for your topic. Be prepared. You may get lots of ref. on things unrelated. There is a down loadable repair manual. I can't remember the site though.

Oh yes, welcome to the site. Someone with a better memory should be along shortly. If not tonight maybe early in AM.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

If your master has a lot of gunk in it, then clean it out and put new fluid in then bleed it just likea car.

The 1200 clutch bleeder is at the rear of the motor on the slave cylinder. You can access it on the leftside by removing the little black plastic reservoir just behind the front rider's footpeg. With the little black box removed then you'll see the bleeder on the slave cylinder.

If you have problems bleeding it at the bleeder(if there's a lot of air or gunk in the system, it'll take some time), but if that's the case then bleed it at the banjo bolts(one by the master and the other on the right side engine rear on the slave cylinder). Then bleed it at the bleeder on the leftside.

If you have a mityvac it'll be easier but it can be done with patience though. cya

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

I've got sort of the same problem. I've pumped 3 or 4 reservoirs through

the slave bleeder but as soon as I close the bleed screw I get little to no

resistance at the handle. Just won't pump up.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks for the help everybody. For anybody else trying to do this be persistant it

took a few trys but it worked.

·
Ole Guy
171 Posts
imported post

Here is a simple, homemade vacuum bleeder to bleed the brakes. Look at Post 33 in this link for bleeding the brakes with an inexpensive bleeder (6 or 7 bucks). This is the final method when all else fails to purge trapped air. It includes a picture of a homemade bleeder that uses vacuum suction. Always try the easiest methods first. If they don't work, try this one.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/49544-2.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.