Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all! For quite some time now I've been looking for a pair of front forks for my 87 Aspy that I crashed in may this year. If any of you guys happen to know where to find them I'd be grateful if you'd share that info with me. I'm totally aware of that shipping costs from US to Norway from your point of wiew would be outrageous, but I also am unable to ride my wing with my front wheel touching the radiator. So if I'll have to pay $100 or thereabouts in shipping I guess I'll just have to. Have found a pair from -85i without springs on Ebay. Any of you happen to know if those fit 87 Aspy? I also need a lot of other front parts, windshield, mirrors and such parts. But to be able to move the bike in and out of the garage when addressing other issues it would be nice to have a pair of straight forks. Any advice would be appreciated!

:?:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
imported post

It probably only bent the tubes so if you could find a pair of those the shipping should be considerably less.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

They should be the same forks, '84-'87. The only difference I'm aware of is the '85 Ltd Ed and, (I believe),the '86 Aspy SEi both use 2 springs in each tube instead of one per tube...

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

If the forks got bent so bad that the wheel is almost touching the radiator… I would SERIOUSLY want to check the steering stem(s) and the frame for being bent. If you replace only the forks you might end up 'putting lipstick on a pig'
so to speak.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,580 Posts
imported post

I have had bent forks straightened and it worked fine. That was on a CB 550 but I don't see why it couldn't be done on the larger fork tubes.

I think all GL twelves had the same size forks anddual springs. Go to www.westernhonda.com and look up the part numbers, to be sure they'll fit.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

If you need brand new tubes, a friend of mine in Arizona makes them. I bought some of his 1200 forks for my earlier GL1200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.