Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to get this bike running.. I disconnected the fuel line from the petcock on the gas tank turned to on and no fuel comes out. It is supposed to come out right. Any suggestions. Also has petcock completley removed from tank, No gas came out
Thanks for any help

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
If the level of fuel in the tank is not above the petcock none will flow even with the petcock removed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If the tank is nearly full... then yes, there should be fuel coming out of the valve.

If you've got air, you can try blowing air backwards, thru the valve and into the tank...

Before you do that, remove the gas cap, and set it atop the filler hole. It should allow air to escape without splattering gas all over the place... Just a short 1/2 second burst. See what happens. If nothing happens, a second or third burst. If it doesn't clear from that, you have issues that'll probably require tank removal.

Oh.. and remember safety glasses.. I've gotten gas in my eyes from doing such things.. never again.

Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I did try blowing air but it did nothing. Is something possible lodged in tank. Looked through manual pulling tank is quite a job. The joys of a older BIKE

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
trick I use is old cable like throttle cable on hand drill and put it in hole where fuel is susposed to come out then run drill slow as you feed cable in and when you get slightest fuel take cable out and then blow air through it it has saved me from pulling tank many times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.