Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the older instrument panel (analogue) to a newer 87 GL 1200. I dont have a problem I just think it looks better with clocks.

Thanks,

Mick Wray

Denmark.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Hi Mick. Yes I've seen that done on a naked conversion from an Aspencade. I don't know any of the technical details because I wasn't too interested, but some of the other members should be able to help you.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks John,

Would be nice to have a little project to work on in the miserable months. Getting cold over here. :smiler:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

I don't see why it couldn't be done. Might take a lot of part swapping , why don't you PM the AXman. Those Irish are always up for a challange...:ROFL: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Shooter,

Might try that. My father was Irish and always up for a challenge, but not good on responsibility. Example : My mother was fat (challenge), my father blaimed the milkman for me (denial).

:D

Mick.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

Mick One thing that I know would be a chore is the speed sensor the digital dash uses a electronic speed sensor and the older style would use a cable type.also I dont know about the tech. Good luck Hal

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Are you wanting the anolog instead of electronic? It could be done either way, but would require a changed wire harness. If you have a donator(parts) bike would be best to have all the parts.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hi newday 777,

I can do all the electrical modifications myself. I was wondering if the complete panel would fit without too many alterations. The speedo drive will probably be the tricky bit.

Mick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.