Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've got an 84 Interstate with fuel pump issues. There's voltage to the pump, but apparently not enough. According to my voltmeter, I have voltage, but almost no amperage. I thought it might be a groundproblem, so I jumpered ground directly to the battery, still nothing. Continuity says the ground is fine. I replaced the fuel pump relay, that works. And the fuel pump works because I jumpered that to find out if it did. Now, according to my wiring diagram, the current should draw from the coil pack, it runs on all cylinders. But I'm not totally clear if the power comes from that, the voltage regulator, or the engine control module.

I'm stumped, not sure what to look at now- HELP!

· Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Ok, two possibles. Question. Or should I say a couple.

Provided it is the cd box, and I jumper past it, is that a perminent fix? Might I have future problems with the cd? The old fuel pump gave out, I replaced it with a Napa marine fuel pump. Now, when that pump builds pressure, and stops, is that normal?

· Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Well guess what, when the pump doesn't start up to begin with, then I'd guess its electical.

No smokepole, I don't excuse you. Clearly you aren't willing to work on your own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.