Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

After finally piecing enoughparts together (I think!:p) I've started assembling and installing a type III radio in my 84 Interstate.

Wiring the system has proved to not be a problem.......lol

However, when I turned it on I had the FM tuning display come up and static noise from the speakers as it was not on a station.

Now is where I am getting confused..... There appears to be no way to tune the radio on the radio itself???? there are preset buttons but no "tuning" control (or am I missing something?)

I'm assuming I am going to have to buy the remote control that sits on the left handlebar pod?

I've found quite a bit of info on the net regarding components and wiring....but nothing on the actual operation.

Is there a seperate radio operation manual?:baffled:

Thanks!

Doc Egor

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Yep,there's noway to tune it without the handlebar thingy. The instructions for my radioare in the owners manual that came with my bike. Although once you have the handlebar control, it's pretty easy to figure things out.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Wildman,

Do you have a Aspencade or a Interstate?

I can't remember seeing anything on it in my Interstate's manual.
:baffled:
I'll have to go dig it out and check again.

Thanks!

Doc Egor

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Had a look at my '84 Interstate's owners manual today.

Not a single word about the radio system! :doh:

Now I assume I'm going to have to either look for a Aspencade manual or a newer interstate manual in order to find any information. A quick search on ebay tonight didn't bring up anything of use.

I've got a line on a controller John, but if it doesn't pay out I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info all!:waving:

Doc

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

I've got the SEi model, pretty much a jazzed up aspy. If you still needthe instructionslater, drop me a line and I can scan and email them to you. It's pretty easy to figure out once you have all the controls.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Hey Doc,

Lookedthe manualover and and remembered a couple things weren't that obvious. Like the ambience button!Got the pages you need as jpegs. Need someplace to send them. My email addy is in my profile.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

I have an 84 Interstate but the original owner had an Aspencade radio installed (Panasonic). I've been able to set the stations Ilisten tobut would like to find out what all the other buttons do. Nothing in my owners manual. Anybody out there have an electronic copy of the Aspencade manual, radio sections????

Thanks

Todd (got my new water pump today...hoping to have it all back togetherby the weekend)

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Well, this is easier than emailing this stuff over a dial-up connection. Go to;

http://home.earthlink.net/~smannerburg/

You'll find the pages from my SEi owners manual, the radio section. It's the Panasonic type 3 system. It's a real rough page and pictures, but hey, what do you want for nothin??? :DWindows users-right click on the picture and save to your computer.

Let me know if there's any problems, I'm not leaving it up long, otherwise my isp will cut me off from the site because of too much traffic.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Thanks wildman. Appreciate the effort. Eventually I'll get all the little quirks on the bike figured out. Spent almost 2 hours last night scraping old gasket material off the water pump cover and the engine front cover.

It starts going back together tonight so I'll also be looking for the loose connection that makes the clock reset.

Todd

'84 Wineberry Interstate

'71 240z

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

hiya :waving:have you tried checking e-bay for radio manualcopy's on disk i picked one up for £5.00 + post and it lists about everything on it to do with the radio and cb ect, including skematics and all components, hope that helps

ride safe Pete

:12black:

just checked it out there are 34 pages on radio instalation on the disk and seven other sections as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.