Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just purchased an 84 GL-1200 with 28k miles to replace the 84 GL-1200 that has been my daily commuter.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/W6Dg08Bq-1C92uGTZfzlkg

The "new' 84 Interstate, appears did not come with a radio from the factory.

Mistakenly I thought it had been stolen or ?? and I secured a factory-new (not kidding in the least) 1984 GL-1200 Radio (Panasonic RM-1300A).

Now I see that the mounting bracket is missing since one was never installed.

I purchased a bracket with wiring from eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190097663097

Is this going to complete my radio installation? Or is something else waiting for me after I install this bracket?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

You will also need the power booster, the left handlebar control and the tone/automatic vol control which is mounted in the lower left fairing ........

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

There is another piece that goes on the right hand side that has a digital clock in it as well as the locking mechanism that holds the radio in the dash.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

This is getting out of hand - :shock:

I wonder if I should sell my factory-new radio, recoup my losses, and install a generic radio in it's place?

Off to eBay I go to find a clock and power booster.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Well it would have the Auto volume control, I was told this would work on an Interstate with the Honda Aspy radio.
That is a nice feature.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Why not use the parts off your old bike?

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

morram wrote:
Why not use the parts off your old bike?
I'm selling my old bike, and don't want to "strip it" for the new owner. I already know who's buying it and he knows a radio is included.

Good idea tho. If I was parting out the old one it'd be a cinch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.