Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Changing the oil is rather easy, Need to remove wheel to include front brake.

Then there is a bolt on the bottom of each slider(lower fork) remove it being careful not to strip it, sometime it can be a bear and need a little help via a easyout or the dreaded drill. Once the bolts are out your oil will drain out.

Take the cover offthe ignition switch and set off to side.

Remove top cap screws from forks using large (24mm I think) socket. I find standing on the foot pegs and leaning over the screw helps dapen the spring effect while removing caps.

Once all oil is drained, replace bolts insuring that copper washers are good(if not replace) and reinstall lower slider bolts.

Your now ready to install the fork oil. Measure the amount and simply fill to correct amount each fork. Replace fork caps, cheack for leaks, replace wheel , brakes, relube anything needing it while there Also might be a good time to check and replace brakes.

set your air lowe at first and adjust accordingly after awhile.

Ride Safe, Ray:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I'm just up the river from you if you need help, wednseday is my only day this week free.

Shoot me a pm if you need assistance.

Ride Safe, Ray:action:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

what is the amount to use if we remove the bottom bolt vs the bleeder screw on the side? is it equal amount left and right side?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,268 Posts
imported post

aznangwfacts wrote:
what is the amount to use if we remove the bottom bolt vs the bleeder screw on the side? is it equal amount left and right side?
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The book says:

Refill: 323cc / 10.92 oz.

Rebuild: 345cc / 11.66 oz.

Equal amounts.

However, it doesn't differenciate between draining from different bolts. With only 1/2 oz difference, I wouldn't think it would make much difference if you just shot for the middle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.