Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

need black box for gl1200 sei 1986 model any one have any ideals no fire to ign.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Hi. I'm just now brand new here. I also would look into the crank sensors, I believe the SEi has two, whereas the LTD has one. Do you have any active LED's on the puter, left side? Also, if anybody has a dead ECU, I might be interested in buying. Thanks

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

don oller wrote:
need black box for gl1200 sei 1986 model any one have any ideals no fire to ign
Do you have the Clymer's for your bike. They have a pretty good diagnosis and test routine for ignition problems. Also a fair amount of into on the ECU.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

tried to wire around on this no luck ordered pulse generators will try that then go from there this is still a nice bike would like to fix it also have 89gl1500 and 2004 1800 both of these ok at present thanks for help

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

have now installed the pulse gen. still no fire all that left is ign switch ecu is working ti sensor showing bad

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but this bike is difficult to work on without documentation. I had a Honda Supplemental Manual for the SEI and LTD that went into depth on trouble shooting testing the various and complicated electrical systems on those bikes. Clymers also covers those areas though not as well. I think you're going to have a difficult time and spend a lot for unnecessary parts without the manuals for this bike. I found the Honda Supplemental Manual on eBay, they show up occasionally. Clymers you can order from several sources including Amazon.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

i have the shop manuals still no luck

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Tough one. The Ti led is a minor thing. Would still run. Just run on a fixed temp map.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.