Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hi guys ! does anyone here have a way to install the right wind deflector on a gl 1200?

the left side takes about 5 minutes to install but the right one ???

any easy way ?

cant install a bolt inside and the aftermarket ones turn on themselves:X

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Dunno... it depends on what brand of air wing you have since they all mount somewhat differently.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

gidday,

there have been a few problems installing the air wings on our 1200's notably on occassion, the abs plastic the wing is attached too, had broken away, when riding, split by the pressure of the wind.

I very kind winger here showed me a photo of how he attached the wings to his 1200, and while I havn't as yet put mine on, it looks like a pretty good idea.

Photo included.

cheers,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

that looks pretty good, and probably saves a lot of time and a lot of plastic breaking.
thanks oldishwinger

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

cheers, glad to be able to help.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

oldishwinger wrote:
gidday,

there have been a few problems installing the air wings on our 1200's notably on occassion, the abs plastic the wing is attached too, had broken away, when riding, split by the pressure of the wind.

I very kind winger here showed me a photo of how he attached the wings to his 1200, and while I havn't as yet put mine on, it looks like a pretty good idea.

Photo included.

cheers,
very cool... I have had a set of wings for a while but wasn't satisfied with the traditional method of attaching them. I think I will try this alternative.

JimC in NC (USA)

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

Thought I would elaborate a little, the top of the brace, is shaped so it fits under, and is held by the two screws, that hold the right hand luggage box.

The bottom, is held on by the screw, that holds the abs plastic cover there.

The right hand edge of the brace, is beveled to accommodate I believe, the screws from the air wings, and snugly fits inside the edge of the fairing.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.