Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a wrap-around vented windshield for my '87 Aspencade. I am looking for new. I have checked e-bay, J.C., and ran through google. I can find wrap-around, and I can find vented, but not together. My bike has one now, but it needs replacement. I got the bike in August of '08, and I have continued to ride into the winter. It is my impression that the wrap-around style keeps more cold off in this weather. Is this a correct assumption? Does anyone know where to get one? How about tall vs. standard? I know that I need a vented screen, but is the wrap-around really helping?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, John. That is what I'm looking for, with the visor vent & grill. Do you have any preference on height? I'm trying to decide if it should be a little taller, or a little shorter. The top of my current windshield is exactly at eye level, and I find myself either stretching to look over, or ducking to looking under the edge.:doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

When I had my 1200 I bought a 4" taller windshield to decrease the wind buffeting. I am 6'3" and also used a seat pad so I sat fairly high in the seat. I still looked through the windshield and it never bothered me as i don't usually ride in the rain or the fog.

My 2007 2800 has a F4+4" windshield and i look through it , buta 1800 windshield can be easily adjusted up or down for rainy or foggy conditions. Alot of forum members prefer to look over the screen, through the screen is my preference. the benefit of a f4 screen is that it is very resistant to scratching so distortion is minimal.F4 does not sell a screen for the 1200.

you could always buy a tall screen and if you don't like it cut it down to the size you prefer.

hope this helps and a delayed Welcome the website. john

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I've got a Cee Baily screen on my '86. It's not the wrap-around, but their standard sheilds are as wide as a stock screen with the side extensions on it anyway. I personally prefer to look over the screen. If you get in any fog or light rain, they can fog over very quickly and you have no visibility if you're looking through it. I found I have to get several inches above my line of sight to make any real difference on the buffeting, and it wasn't enough to worry about. JMHO

Here's some pictures of my '86. The first four pictures have the old stock screen with the side extensions. The pictures after that show the new Cee Baily screen.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.