Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have never changed engine coolent in a GL 1500 I have the honda coolent to change it , Does the bottom nose piece have to come off to get to the pump drain plug or is it that 10 mm hexcap bolt straight down on bottom of pump.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

The drain plug is on the bottom of the water pump. Open the overflow reservoir located up near the handlebars to prevent a vacuum while draining.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Lightin wrote:
...Does the bottom nose piece have to come off to get to the pump drain plug....
> No

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

When you refill make sure you burp it. Otherwise you'll have air in your radiator, the coolant won't circulate, and it will run hot.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanksforthequickreplies !!!I have started the enging and allowed the thermostat to open, then shut off, drained and flushed, and flushed and flushed with water 2timesanddrained.have refilled the systemwith 3 and 1/2 quarts of honda coolent 2 quarts and let set untuil bubbles cleard,added one more quart to make 3 quarts and started engine ran till thermostat open and no more bubbles shut off and added till i had the 3 and 1/2 quarts it now when i start and run steam and come up to the radiator cap hole and i shut it off it drops back down. is that full or do i cap it at this point and let it run then top of resivor tank to upper make in rubber stick.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

I keep filling, and burping the system (by reving the engine) until the fluid level is to the top of the radiator cap... then fill the overflow tank.

Take for a ride, park it... then check the level again in the overflow tank... adjust as necessary, at the overflow tank.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks, for all replies, mission acomplished and running much cooler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.