Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 1500 keeps trashing the vacuum operated fuel petcock. Any one know where I could get a rebuild kit or what I would need to do to bypass it. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

I would not "by-pass" it, as lots of fuel may find it's way into the crank-case and dilute your oil.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

That one looks like a lot of work Dave. It has to be wired up, and it looks like extra adapters need to be bought to make it fit the existing 1500 hose.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I would prefer to go with the rebuild kit, less work all round.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

The rebuild kits have been discontinued.
The fieasscoe our esteemed law makers enactted, putting ethenohol in our gas is causing the breakdown of the rubber in all parts of fuel systems.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
imported post

I got and installed a rebuild kit last year when they were still readily available. Hope not to have any more trouble for a while but if I do I will be getting one of the electric valves. I think they would be a lot more reliable for use with all the stuff they are putting in gas these days.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
That one looks like a lot of work Dave. It has to be wired up, and it looks like extra adapters need to be bought to make it fit the existing 1500 hose.

One wire to the accessory terminal, one to ground, two nipples. Sure beats $100+ for a rebuild kit for me?

·
Administrator
26,139 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
I am confuzzed, what wiring? I don't see anything but rubber parts, springs and screws. :?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Someone reported a while back that Gary Verhulst has vacuum fuel shut off valve rebuild kits for the 1500s. Give him a call at 1-706-652-2024, and find out.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Administrator
26,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks for all the info, I will follow up on all of them and see where it takes me. Ride on.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I got a new petcock kit from Honda this past summer. It's for a later model 1500. The difference is in the shell, and it won't fit in the same spot. But I took out the rubber innards and they fit perfectly in my old shell.

Part number is: 16953-MLO-034

The difference from what I could see on the outer shell is that there is an extra piece that sticks out on the bottom where it opens to the atmosphere. I think I could have cut it off, but I thought it would be cleaner to swap the pieces out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.