Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For those of you with a Goldwing GL 1500 with the inaccurate gas guage I have found an easy way to adjust it to read correctly.

Figuring 34 mpg I ran a full tank to 107 miles, half a tank. Remove the seat then remove the fuel pump assembly. Six nuts and two gas lines. The line on top will leak a little gas so have a cloth to soak it up. You now have room to reach inside the tankand grasp the float and float wire and watching the guage bend it up or down, which ever is necessary for your guage, until the needle points straight up indicating one half a tank. Then reinstall the fuel pump and seat. Now you have an accurate fuel guage. This took me less then an hour whereas removing all of the panels to get to where I could remove the fuel level unit took all day and was a lot of work. even then trying to adjust the float level was very difficult and ended up inaccuratet, thus the easy way I figured out described above.

:applause:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You got nothing to do down there but wait for summer to get over do you Rev?

Nice work.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Excellent tip, and even a shorter way to do it. AWESOME..

Thanks

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

After this "adjustment " when does the low fuel indicator lamp come on ? On my bike I know at 200 miles the fuel gauge is limp and I best be filling up , theres only about 25miles left .

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
After this "adjustment " when does the low fuel indicator lamp come on ? On my bike I know at 200 miles the fuel gauge is limp and I best be filling up , theres only about 25miles left .
The low fuel sensor is a separate item in your gas tank. It's notpart ofthe float assembly.

My gauge read like this: After fill up, It takes 50 miles before it moves off of the full mark, the next 120 miles it will fall to the empty mark,15 miles from there, the light will come on & I will be out of gas 35 miles after that. :lash:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

What happens if your not getting 34 mpg????:?:?:?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

I finally had to test my low fuel light this past weekend.
I filled up a 24oz soda bottle with gas and rode the bike till the light lit.
It does come on real faint at first then gets brighter.
Glad to see it works. I have riden this bike 5 years now without ever seeing the light.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I am a retired minister with lots of time and lotsof hobbies including golf and target shooting and my 1988 mint condition, fully dressed out Goldwing 1500is the vehicleI use for 99% of my running around. I fell in love with riding over 40 years ago and at 75 I'm still riding. I also think that the 1500 is a better looking bike then the 1800.

:15grey::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I am a retired minister with lots of time and lotsof hobbies including golf and target shooting and my 1988 mint condition, fully dressed out Goldwing 1500is the vehicleI use for 99% of my running around. I fell in love with riding over 40 years ago and at 75 I'm still riding. I also think that the 1500 is a better looking bike then the 1800.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

the Rovin Rev wrote:
I fell in love with riding over 40 years ago and at 75 I'm still riding. I also think that the 1500 is a better looking bike then the 1800.

Ditto on the 1500 looking better than the 1800. Of course, just my opinion based on no factual information at all....... just what these old eye's see......

And congrats to you at 75 to be able to do all that you want to!:claps::claps:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You're just trying to sweet talk me with all that 1500 talk ain't ya?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I'll let you know whenHonda sends me a new reserve sensor so I'll have one that works. This is the only thing on my '88' mint condition, fully dressed out Wingthat dosen't work except for me.

:cheesygrin::15grey:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

The fuel reserve sensor is attached to the fuel pump assembly. Easy to get to.

:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

You check your mileage then multiply by 6.3 gallons,that gives you the total mileage you shouild be able to travel before running out of gas. Half of that total traveled would leave you with half a tank of gas. Happy adjusting.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

You check your mileage then multiply by 6.3 gallons,that gives you the total mileage you shouild be able to travel before running out of gas. Half of that total traveled would leave you with half a tank of gas. Happy adjusting.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
imported post

Is there an echo in here......here....here.......

Reactions: sidvicious

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Of course, that's what ministers do, try to bring happiness and salvationto others. :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Yes....es...es...es :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.