Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
28,085 Posts
You should consider going into business making those. Could be a tidy profit in it while still at a reasonable price.

·
Administrator
28,085 Posts
Eventually I'm going to make a set. But first I need to see a cut away or diagram of a pipe with little or no rust. Hopefully one of you folks has a nearly new, insides, muffler that has outside damage that makes it not usable. Another thought, maybe the Honda folks can get the drawings for the muffler, especially since they are out of production?

I retired 15 years ago so there is no need for or interest in a business for me. I simply reject the notion that a consumable part was built to fail, rust away, and there is no "quiet" OEM equivalent replacement at a reasonable cost. A 1992 Wing in excellent condition might sell for $3000. More than likely that Wing is in perfect condition but the pipes are totally gone even if the outside appears intact. Therefore a new set of mufflers should not be more than say $300.00 to be reasonable to most folks. This is intended for a hobby Wing lover. Many of us tinker and make parts that are like OEM or sometimes better. This is the better version and makes the old wing correct.
That's a laugh that Honda might release the drawings, maybe for a small fortune. Anyway, what car do you know of that the exhaust system will last that long ESPECIALLY if it is driven very little? If that 92 wing had 350,000 miles on it the mufflers would probably be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts