Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can someone remind me how this thing goes back together? I bought a rebuild get and already forgot since I took it apart Monday!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Send Satan a PM, he was going to make some pics of a tear down and rebuild. I don't know if he ever got to it :?

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
imported post

Don't feel bad about forgetting how it goes together. When I rebuilt mine, I forgot exactly how it went back together and I did it the same day!:shock: After putting it back how I thought it went and the fuel began to spray out when cranking it, then I got it right the next time. I still don't remember how it goes back together enough to tell you now because it has been about 4-5 months ago.

The first thing that goes is the memory... can't remember what comes next!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I think it might be like this:

from vacum side:
cap, spring, hard plastic round piece, large rubber gasket, metal piece, small rubber gasket (knob out towards knob on large gasket, than gas side metal cap....

oh and long screws on the bottom to go into bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

I find the older I get the more this happens. lol. I now take pictures and notes. If I can only understand my notes and find those blasted pics on this stupid camera. Bla. Tony:action:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

they can still leak when you get em together correctly!!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

No joke. Just rebuilt mine and it's leaking. Took it apart and the rubber small seal/gasket is already torn! Put the old one in, still leaking.

grambo wrote:
they can still leak when you get em together correctly!!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Well, I took it apart again. I stopped the leak while it was running. Now it leaks when not running. I'm about to give up on it!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Just ordered another one. Hopefully they'll credit me back the first one. Anybody else struggle with these rebuild kits?

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Pretty straight forward. Diaphragm and spring.

No problem here when I rebuilt mine many years ago.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I noticed the outside sealing edges are curled up when I take it apart. Crazy :?

Foosman(5) wrote:
Pretty straight forward.  Diaphragm and spring.

No problem here when I rebuilt mine many years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
imported post

I used a little Permatex to hold rubber diaphragm in place when I put it all together. If the rubber diaphragm isn`t seated correctly in the groove it will leak vacuum. Check it out with a vacuum gauge before comletley bolting it back in.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.