Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
can someone help please.I have heard that a bracket is available for a car radio to relpace the original radio in the GL 1500.I'm from South Africa and everything has to be imported,no local dealer knows what i'm talking about,our FM frequency differs from the USA.Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Leon

·
Pwhoever
3,341 Posts
I saw one on Craigslist, San Antonio, TX edition. Pretty pricy though.

Should still be on there.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/3510894154.html
Just so everyone knows, thats a picture of my setup but it is still installed on my bike parked in the garage in lovely Chicago, IL. Why it's showing up on a craigslist ad, I have no idea.

But, I do know that they are custom made by a guy in Belarus. He normally sells them on ebay. But he is also a member of this forum. You could try to send him a PM. His user name is Trayk-by He uses the same name on ebay. I haven't seen him post for awhile. He does have one on ebay right now, take a look HERE There are 2 at about $95 plus shipping of about $39. Still cheaper than the san antonio ad.

Also, it is far from plug and play like the craigslist ad states. If you want to read about what I had to do to get this installed, you can read THIS THREAD

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Just so everyone knows, thats a picture of my setup but it is still installed on my bike parked in the garage in lovely Chicago, IL. Why it's showing up on a craigslist ad, I have no idea.

But, I do know that they are custom made by a guy in Belarus. He normally sells them on ebay. But he is also a member of this forum. You could try to send him a PM. His user name is Trayk-by He uses the same name on ebay. I haven't seen him post for awhile. He does have one on ebay right now, take a look HERE There are 2 at about $95 plus shipping of about $39. Still cheaper than the san antonio ad.

Also, it is far from plug and play like the craigslist ad states. If you want to read about what I had to do to get this installed, you can read THIS THREAD

If you do a setup like Mike (pwhoever) did, I can guarantee that the next two or thre bikes in your group will not need a radio. I thought I was hearing voices in my head and it was Mikes radio:ROFL::ROFL:. His is a nice outfit and sound excellent.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Dang I just sent money for that setup, now I find out its on your Wing Mike????..:shock:...Look buddy I actuall bought the whole bike, just be nice enough to ride it here bring the title..:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Just kidding....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.