Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it possible to change the frequency on a Japanese radio from AM to FM? If possible I would like to do this internally and not have to use an external am/fm convertor.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

can't be done Moonrider. I know some people that had the schematics and tried it but ended up getting used radios from US or European models instead. welcome to our forums, hope you findit a useful place.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Moonrider ,You can get a radio expander ,it fits on the ariel lead and a 12volt live feed ,I fitted one to a 1500 jap import ,It is very small ,you can buy them in most good garages or shops that deal in jap car imports for about £20 ,,you can then get all the stations ,but your readout will not match the stations ,,,its works a treat and takes about 15 mins to fit it is only about the size of tube of lipstick ..hope this is of some help to you ..cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

I got the impression that he didn't want to go the expanderway wexman, although it does for most of us.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

The expander is a compromise, you get the channels but no display. I didn't think a frequency expander would give you FM if your radio only has AM though (and thats what the original poster is looking fro), but I may be mistaken here.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes ,but the jap imports HAVEFM already,,,Thats why I think he was looking for something to bring in the stations ..Ciaran:waving::waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.