Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello

I noticed last night that I have a bulb out on the side of the right hand saddle bag lid.

There is a strip of 6 bulbs within the light cluster I need to know what type of bulb to use and how to get to them.

On the inside of the lid thereare 3 domed nuts that hold the light cluster in place.

With the cluster removed there are lots of screwssecuring a metal cover to the rear of the light cluster do I need to remove this to get to the bulbs ?

Thank you in advance

Terry

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Yes, I think you do Terry, but most of those strip lights to the side of the saddlebag/panniers are LED bulbs and you may have a dickens of a job just replacing one LED bulb, I would guess it is going to call for some fine soldering and probably a bulb bought from a good electrical parts store.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Pete

Thank you

Looking through the lens I think I can make out bulbs (I hope).

I will take it off tonight to have a look.

Terry

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

T Hambley, I have a 1500SE & have replaced the side bag lites with LED's. There are nuts on the inside of the lid that will release the light strips. disconnecting the wiring might be necessary & then to get the lens off the strip is the bigest challenge since they glued them on. Heat from a hair drier usually helps with a wide blade screw driver. The the bulbs are in a small socket.
This is a conversion article but you will wee how to remove the unit. :waving:
Lites

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Terry,it does sound like a case of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" At best you will find bulbs that can be easily changed and at worst it will be a case of ordering some new strips from somewhere like Cyclemax Ohio.

I am sure if you delve a little deeper you will be able to report your findings and someone on here will give you the solution. :)

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Pete

I am hoping to find bulbs, fingers crossed.

If not I will have to convince the wife why it is essential to place another urgent order with Cyclemax. I find them great to do business with.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

Thank you

Terry

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I opened up the light cluster this weekend and found six bulbs. One bulb had a poor connection I adjusted the contacts and it was fixed.

Thank you to everyone for the excellent advice.

Terry

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wow!! Now that is the kind of fix that I wish happened to me, life is rarely that easy!!:(

Glad you are all sorted and even know now what bulbs you need if one does go out. :clapper::clapper:

and thanks for reporting back to say how you got on. :waving:

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Pete you are correct I was very lucky it is not my usual luck.

I ordered some bulbs from Cyclemax (£5.50 for 10 Plus postage)

Would you believe it they want nearly £2 each for them over here.

I took the opportunity to order some other bits and pieces at the time.

Take care

Terry

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

T.Hambley wrote:
Pete you are correct I was very lucky it is not my usual luck.

I ordered some bulbs from Cyclemax (£5.50 for 10 Plus postage)

Would you believe it they want nearly £2 each for them over here.

I took the opportunity to order some other bits and pieces at the time.

Take care

Terry
Mmmmm.... that is the only trouble with Cyclemax, one small £5.50 "essential" order, can very easily turn into something more expensive if you let yourself get tempted by their goodies!!!!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil:I have to put blinkers on before I go to their web site!!!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.