Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 1500 Anniversary Edition. It all started one night...., I had the high beams on...hit the switch to dim them...thank goodness for the 99's constant on cornering lights, headlight completely died. After high/low..high/low a couple of times, the headlight came back on. So I'm thinking a bad high beam switch...Went out a couple of days later, when I turned the key on, I heard a loud Pop and everything was dead....I removed the battery cover and the main DogBone fuse is Good...I'm a Professional Steering Wheel Holder, I can take two 28' trailers and a dolly and back the whole set into a dock door. But, as for working on something......that's a no-go.
So, I need to pick ya'll"s wisdom...How many fuses? relays? and what else? Do I start at the Dimmer switch and take it apart? Where do I go from here?
I bought the bike from a Widow who lost her Rider. She said that the bike was hit in a slow-motion accident from the side, knocking the bike to the ground, but it sustained minimal damage.
Appreciate Your Help...Ron

·
Administrator
24,818 Posts
Check the battery connections first.

·
Registered
617 Posts
"Heard a loud pop" and then completely dead? Check voltage, might've had one of those sudden catastrophic battery failures (internal short, very rare but do happen). As to the headlight, there' two relays, one for High beam, the other for low, could be going bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts