Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

To reupholster a GL-1500 seat, is there a factory-looking seat cover out that I can redo with, or do I just buy a nice one on eBay and sell the shabby one?

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

You can still buy the cover new at the dealer. I was going to do this last summer but never got to it. Depending on year, the older ones weren't available but from mid generation and up were.

I thought it would be easier that way, just staple the new one one and you're done.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

check out the re upholstery shops in your area. Getting the old seat redone sometimes is not that expensive and you can get great results. You can probably find a decent replacement on ebay too. not sure what you can expect to pay for a replacement seat however.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Easier just to purchase another one off of Ebay. $100-$150 is the usual rate.
Other than going with an aftermarket seat, to get yours redone will probably give you more of a headache.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

duplicate post

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

What color is your bike? I took one off my 94 SE that was black and burgandy or dark red. My 94 was a red SE ad it looked fine on it I just wanted the stock seat. It also includes the cover for it as it is black on the sides and red velour to sit on. Includes the passenger back rest cover. $100 plus shipping to you.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
To reupholster a GL-1500 seat, is there a factory-looking seat cover out that I can redo with, or do I just buy a nice one on eBay and sell the shabby one?
Google Billy and Gabbys motorcycle seat covers..it will take you to their website.they have great covers for your bike as I have one...check em out...

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
rgbeard wrote:
Google Billy and Gabbys motorcycle seat covers..it will take you to their website.they have great covers for your bike as I have one...check em out...
www.bgseatcovers.com

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

My GL1500 is a 1998 SE in Pearl Twilight Silver, NH390M.

The seat from the factory is a kind of gray, definitely not black.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

A brand newwhole seatfrom my local dealer for a 98 se is only $208.88.

SEAT, DOUBLE (TYPE1) 77200-MAM-A80ZC 001 $208.88

John

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
193 Posts
imported post

Sorry about the generalization---- what I meant was--- PM sent to JAXN!

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
193 Posts
imported post

Sorry about the generalization---- what I meant was--- PM sent to JAXN!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.