Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

It really depends on how you want to ride. I normally shift around 2500 rpms but have run it up to 5000 if I am merging with traffic. I would not redline it, but you can take it up in the rpms without problems.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Normally I shifted my 1500 between 2000-2500rpm. If I needed hard acceleration I'd run it up to 4000-5000rpm but that wasn't often needed. The lower rpm shifts will yield smoother and quieter shifts. Pretty much the same on my 1800.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Me too, 2000-2500 most of the time. Every once in a while I like to take well pass the red line,(usually when merging from the on ramp to the hiway) wont hurt the bike as long as you don't stay there all day and it can help blow out some of the crap that can build up. It also seems to impress some people just how fast this hulking bike can go from almost not to a hell of alot in a few short seconds.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I normally shift betwen 2500 and 3000 rpm , am I driving her too hard ?

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

midwing wrote:
I normally shift betwen 2500 and 3000 rpm , am I driving her too hard ?
No.

I tend to ride pretty conservative llike, but it is good for a motor to work hard and fast once in a while. Helps blow out carbon chunks and the high speed airflow through the carb on occasion can help keep it clear. So I am told.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

I agree with what most are saying here! My girl like to lug around a little but she likes enter the freeway like a raped ape sometimes! Ha!:raspberry:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

My shifts are typically 3,000 -4,000 . I don't think it has ever seen "redline" not intentionally anyway. 203,000 km's.:action::action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

My shifts are typically 3,000 -4,000 . I don't think it has ever seen "redline" not intentionally anyway. 203,000 km's.:action::action:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Normal riding I shift around 2500. Getting on the highway and OH CRAP WHERE DID HE COME FROM-- closer to 5k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.