Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to repair a rotten swingarm ,or should i hang on to a good second hand comes along

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Your Call. Even before all the swing arm near-failures posted here, yours truly SAW [during major Wing maint. in '05] how all un-welded spaces on mine, were shedding water, dirt. I sprayed full can of brake cleaner into all spaces, followed by compressed air dry & several hours hung in direct sunlight.
EVERY space was then sealed with black silicone gasket sealer TWICE. No problems since. DO THIS to your next swingarm and it should outlast you, LOL.
TTFN....papasmurf

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the comment, will seal up new one , if i can get one in the uk there like hens teeth lol

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
I usually spray the new swingarm with Schutz, which is a thick car underbody sealer. There are many similar products. They stop stone chips from eating through the paint and letting the rust in.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I don't know if trikes are big in the old Country like they are here but I picked up an entire swing-arm assembly with driveshaft and rear-end goodies for (as I recall) 50 bucks or so. It was a takeoff from a trike conversion and was barely used. You might check a shop that does conversions. Also, I see them listed in the Wing-World magazine occasionally.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Yes try shops that do trikes. Got mine from a shop that did the conversions. I would up with the swingarm in almost mint codition and the rear drive attached to it. Good luck on finding one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.