Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question. To preface it, I have a '97 GL-1500 with a Lehman trike kit. Thinking of SS braided hoses this winter. I know the two hoses at front, and there is a short piece of hose under the tank someplace in the hard line's rout from rear master cylinder to the left front.

My question is about the OEM rear line of a GL-1500. Between the rear master cylinder port and the OEM rear caliper, are there just the two sections of soft line? I recall that there is the one section at the rear caliper which allows movement, but there is also got to be another section from rear master cylinder to swing arm to allow it to move.

Is this second piece across from RMC to SA replaceable alone, or is it "made" as one with steel hard lines?

I ask, because as a trike, it no longer has the piece of soft line back at the rear where there used to be a caliper floating, it has hard line fastened to the swing arm coming from "the abyss" out to a residual pressure valve (10 psi) and then to a tee to two hard lines going to left & right rear brakes. I know that Galfer sells a three line set which likely includes the rear line that I don't need and two longer lines for the front brakes and they sell a separate short line if desired for under the tank, but I see no mention of the line to get to the swing arm?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forget about Partzilla, but got it bookmarked now. Thank you.

Sure looks to be short but it's the only soft part of the line left on the trike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts