Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

both cruise control and compressor have failed on GL1500 any ideas (89 Canadian model just dont work any more

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Did they fail at the same time? I know the most common cause of cruise failure is sticking micro-switches at the front brake and clutch levers.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

My '89 cruise failed because the bushing in the front brake lever had reached it's service limits (worn out), it's a part that you can pick up at any Honda dealer and it takes less than 5 minutes to put in.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

steve b wrote:
both cruise control and compressor have failed on GL1500 any ideas (89 Canadian model just dont work any more
At first thought it doesn't seem that they'd be related, but I wonder? The compressor gets input about the bike's speed since it won't work when the bike's moving, and the cruise needs speed info too. Does the compressor work in the external outlet mode when the ignition switch is in the park position?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

hi. yes they failed at the same time, thanxs

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Steve, does the compressor work at all even for pumping the outlet? We need to isolate this a bit more. Also I need to know if the cruise lights on the dash are working, ie do the lights function but the cruise doesn't?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

hi ted

im away from the bike until Tuesday next week i will let you know when i get back

thanxs very much for this help todate.

i will contact you again

steve

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

hi ted

the compressor doesnt work at all even the outlet point in the pannier

the cruise control, 2 amber light come on on the dash when you start the bike then they go out. if you press the button on the bars the cruise light displays on the dash but no cruise.

Mute is stuck on as well on the radio (displays mute on the LED display)

not having much look am i. still looks good though

regards steve

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

steve b wrote:
hi ted

the compressor doesnt work at all even the outlet point in the pannier

the cruise control, 2 amber light come on on the dash when you start the bike then they go out. if you press the button on the bars the cruise light displays on the dash but no cruise.

Mute is stuck on as well on the radio (displays mute on the LED display)

not having much look am i. still looks good though

regards steve
OK 2 parts here, I don't believe that the two are interconnected.

1) Compressor, can you hear the compressor running when you are in neutral and press the "Increase" pressure button ?

If not remove the compressor from the bike and supply 12v battery power to the compressor, if the compressor does not run, it must be replaced as it is not serviceable.

Otherwise PM me and I'll see what I can do about helping you.

2) Cruise Control. When you say the light comes on, does that mean the yellow light on the dash ??? Does the "Cruise Set" light come on when you are travelling over 30 MPH and depress the "Set Decel" switch on the right handlebar after having depressed the cruise control "On/Off" switch to the On position and seein the "Cruise On" light on the dash???

Let us know, so we can help you troubleshoot your problem.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

yes cruise control now works, knackered o/s micro switch on the front brake.

just the stuck mute on the stereo to go and a compressor thats dead. after that me bikes up and running.

please keep the ideas coming thanks from the uk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

cruise and mute know all workiing only the compressor to go totally dead @ the momentwith no display ont he led !!! will get there

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Know the compressor is fully up and running, the measurment of preasure on the LED display indicatesbetween 0 - 4 kg/cm2 which is converted to 0 - 57 psi

Is there a limiter fitted to cut of the compressor when the max 4kg/cm2 is reached on the bike (89 GL1500 canadian) stopping over preasure to the rear shock?

or what will the LED go to?:weightlifter:

with out damaging the shock air seals

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Tony..

bad switches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dont understand:?

see my posting 2nd Jan 2006 re:- indicated presure levels for the rear shock

on the GL1500

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

There is no limiter, you can pump the rear shock over the reccomended 57psi. I'm not sure by how much as I never pushed my luck with it.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

right thanxs,, i will have 2 go easy

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

steve b wrote:
Tony..

bad switches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dont understand:?

see my posting 2nd Jan 2006 re:- indicated presure levels for the rear shock

on the GL1500
No, just bad switches on all components, stuck or something...WD-40 and exercise get them working ???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.