Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to all. Was out on the bike today without a problem until I parked it in the city. Came back to it and started it , no problem. Had to put it reverse to get out of where I was , something I haven't done in a long time, and noticed that the neutral light wasn't working. Parked again shortly afterwards , came back again and found that the bike wouldn't crank. Ran it forward and it started, drove home. any ideas what might be wrong? a fuse maybe? Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

Did you check your battery. The 1500 is well known of the battery working one time, and the next time being dead.

burt

The other day my wife asked me what I was going to do today, I told her "nothing." She said "didn't you do that yesterday?" I told her "Yes, but I wasn't finished yet!" Nice to be retired.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

If you had not used reverse in quite some time the cables may be moving a bit sluggish. Shift into and out of reverse a few times and see if it clears your issue up before going elsewhere. Good luck

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Checked that , it's showing about 12.3 volts. All the lights work when the key is turned on, and the headlights, which are always on when the bike is running, go off when I hit the starter button. It has always done this, so I dont think the starter button is the problem. I think it might be because I put it in reverse. It might be a relay or something but haven't a clue where to look. Thanks for reply.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Sir you are a gentleman and a scholar. Just did what you said and it's fine again. I,ll be singing your praises for the weekend. Look me up if you ever come to Ireland and I'll buy you a few pints!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

I guess I misunderstood your problem. I thought it was electrical not mechanical.

Burt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.