Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Help. The problem started with clock on dash selecting any time when the ignition was switched on. Then last night after returning from a run, the cruise controll failed to switch on, cruise control lights up but want swith on to control the speed. then after stopping controls would not switch over from neutral to reverse :(had to push the:(:(bike up a small slope to the garage.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well this evening I will study the wiring diagram, the clock on and off and erratic has my brain confused.
My first instinct is to check the brake switches, one of them may be stuck full shut, which would cause this as would the clutch switch.

Check the clutch and brake switches, that clock thing could be moisture and not related to the other.

Could very well be as simple as a bad battery.

Kit

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

check the small connector (under rubber boot) on RH side near the oil filler location. This when loose give funny conditions :leprechaun:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Also check the battery earth/ground terminal, if the get loose it can cause odd issues like this.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

I recently had a simular problem where I lost dash power, and found my 15A cruise control fuse blown, and this prevented charging to the battery. I guess when your battery voltage drops too low you'll get odd electrical indications.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Mike4575 wrote:
I recently had a simular problem where I lost dash power, and found my 15A cruise control fuse blown, and this prevented charging to the battery. I guess when your battery voltage drops too low you'll get odd electrical indications.
Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.