Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:dude:Hi,

I live in Thailand and just got my 2005 1800 sent over in boxes. I finished putting it all together and all is well. Everything is working apart from the ABS:gunhead:. I have taken it for a ride to see if the light will go out but it just stays on all the time!! Like i said everything else is perfect its just the ABS that is a problem. The closest Honda dealers is in Singapore so any help from you guys would be great. Please help Craig

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

craig i suggest you put a piece of tape over abs light/:waving::waving::waving::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

No sorry craig couldnt resist it.I see you had to reassemble your bike it will probablly be a wire not connected .:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Craig, how much assembly did you have to do? Was it just the front wheel, saddle, trunk and windshield or was there more to assemble?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Dos the light just stay on or does it flash all the time? If it stayson, you might have a open circuit in th epower lead of the ground lead.

If the ABS light flashes, check fuses 3 & 4. If they are blown, replace them. If they are not blown, pull them out one at a time and with the ignition on put each fuse back in while the ABS light is flashing. This will reset the light to ON. Then turn off the ignition and test the bike to see if the light goes out after you ride it a few feet.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

ness wrote:
Everything is working apart from the ABS. I have taken it for a ride to see if the light will go out but it just stays on all the time! The closest Honda dealers is in Singapore.
Hey ness :waving: Your welcome to the forum. :clapper: This is just one of the connectors that you have missed. :crying: It would bea long spin to Singapore to get that small job sorted. :stumped:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

If you don't already have one, you should order a service manual (honda only not clymer or other clones). The ABS system goes through a number of self checking diagnostics before the light can turn off after you build up speed - both wheel must be turning at the same rate. The ABS box is in the back of the bike - you have to take the back plastic off ( behind the license plate ) to see it. It's a small flat black box. The service manual has some detail testing that you should perform to find the problem. One more thing - do you feel a random click when holding the front brake lever for a few minutes. If you do, that may be an indication that the abs may be working, like I said may be!!

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Pulling fuses 3 & 4 acts as a reset. If the light stays out then you will know it was just a blip, but if it comes back on and stays on again you will have to get it checked out by the dealer.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Did you get this fixed Craig? I only get online a couple times a week so I may have missed an update about your problem with the amount of new posts, but I'd like to know how you dealt with the problem. :)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

ness wrote:
Hi, I live in Thailand and just got my 2005 1800 sent over in boxes.
Hey ness :waving: I hope you got the ABS light sorted. :clapper:Will you please update your profile and put Thailand in the location slot. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Norman is right about the reset. I read similar in the Honda workshop manual. Pulling fuses 3 & 4 will clear a fault once there isn't an actual problem with the ABS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.